ACE is a unique after-school program, which offers our students opportunities to explore, investigate, and learn in a fun and relaxed environment while providing much needed extended care for our families. The students enjoy digging in the garden, cooking, conducting experiments, exploring new artists, and creating masterpieces.
ACE Schedule: (Monday – Thursday)
3:00 -3:30 Student Sign-In, Opening Activity, and Snack:
- Students will be delivered to ACE by a teacher or ACE staff.
- During this transition time, the students will be able to stretch their legs, change their clothes*, and enjoy a healthy snack.
- An opening activity will give the students the time to move around before settling into Homework Club.
3:30 – 4:30 Homework Club:
- Students will break into groups by grades to work on homework.
- Please, always bring a silent reading book as well.
- Most often, students have finished their homework within this time block. However, if a student needs additional time there will be a designated area where they can continue to work if they choose.
4:30 – 5:30 Enrichment Program:
- All students are invited to participate.
- Lessons and activities will vary from science experiments to gardening.
- If a student needs more time for homework they will be able to continue as needed.
5:30 – 6:00 Clean up and get ready to go home.
Friday 1:30 – 6:00:
- Same as above and will also include an extended enrichment lesson.
Uniform Changing: If a student would like to change out of his/her uniform, the student must then follow the Free Dress guidelines on page 77 of the school handbook. *It is not mandatory to change clothes.
Mrs. Pierson ACE Director
Mrs. Kruskamp ACE Helper
Ino Carrillo ACE Helper