The athletic department at Our Lady of Lourdes School is dedicated and committed to helping students develop character, social growth and physical skills through a variety of sports. Beginning in grade 3 Our Lady of Lourdes students may begin to take advantage of the school’s traditionally successful athletic program. Our school competes in the Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) Athletics program sponsored by Catholic Charities of Los Angeles!
Catholic Youth Organization offers today’s youth a wholesome release of physical energy while they gain loyalty to their teammates and their school, as well as develop respect for their opponents, the officials and the rules by which the games are played. CYO emphasizes, by example, the importance of self-discipline, sportsmanship, team spirit, respect and responsibility.
Through CYO, youth are challenged to stay off the streets and to use values that are vital to the development of a positive lifestyle.
To participate in our athletic program, view requirements here.
OLL School offers the following sports
- Boy’s Basketball – grades 5-6 and 7-8 (winter).
- Girl’s Basketball – grades 5-6 and 7-8 (winter).
- CoEd Flag Football – grades 5-6 and 7-8 (fall).
- CoEd Track – grades 3-8 (spring).
- Girls’s Volleyball – grades 5-6 and 7-8 (fall).
- CoEd Spirit Squad – grades 5-8 (year-round)